Tuesday 2 February 2010

My idea for 'A Day In The Life Of'

For this project my idea is to photograph an amateur football team called Seven Stars football club on match day. The reason behind this idea is that over the past few years there has been huge declines in the number of young people doing sporting activities. When doing my research for this idea I found a statistic that said over 50% of young people aged 12-21 are not active on a daily basis. When I saw this statistic I was shocked as I am one of them.

Using these photographs I want to show those young people that football is a good sport to play and that it can keep you fit and healthy. I also think that another reason that I chose amateur football as my idea is that I want to show football as a culture rather than industry because for me football isn't just about the players on the pitch. It is about the fans that go out of their way to watch the games and the burger and hot dog stalls outside stadiums are just as important in football culture as the teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment