Monday 14 December 2009

photographer research and timeline

History of photography timeline
For my new project I have been asked to create a timeline showing the history of photography. Showing the different technological breakthroughs and to show social and cultural factors as well. To start with I collected notes and then selected the more important factors and placed them into a timeline. Which is the most obvious thing to do. To make it easier I placed the social and cultural factors on top of the timeline and the breakhroughs in photography on the bottom of the timeline.

Photographer research
Before I can do my photography work I need to research two photographers who do the same sort of work as I want to do. I need to finish finding images that have been taken by them and annotate them, saying what I like about it and how I can link it to my own work. So far I have found photographs on one of them. I found a few images taken by Stuart Clarke who his a football photographer. The other football photographer I am researching is Levon Biss who is a sports photographer and his most famous project is One love.

What do I think of the project so far?
So far I think the project has been ok. I haven't really struggled with anything yet and I hope I don't either. I also kind of like the project because it gives me a chance to do my photography work and I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment