Monday 14 December 2009

budget planning and proposal

Budget Planning
For my assignment 'a day in the life of...' I was asked to come up with a budget plan for my photography work. Even though we weren't paying for anything we had treat it like it was a real job.
To start off with I had to write down what equipment would be needed for this project. I first had to write down equipment needed for the pre-production of the project, things such as the camera would of been needed to take a few test shots. I also had to write what personal would be involved in that side of the project but since there's just me and wrote me. With that done I then wrote down equipment needed for the actual shooting of the project. So I put stuff like camera and tripod and memory card. Then the final thing was to write what post-production equipment I would need like editing software.
After this was all done I had to break the whole thing down by putting how much each thing cost in each section of the project. I visited sites such as hireacamera.com to find hiring charges for photography equipment.
Once I finished the budget breakdown I summarize the budget by adding it all up for an overall number.
At first I wasn't sure about doing the budget, I wasn't sure why we had to do it since we weren't paying for anything but I think its good practice for later on in the life.

Proposal
Since we had to treat this like a proper job we had to come up with a proposal explaining why we think doing what we want do for the project is a good idea to do.
To start off with I talk about the theme behind my whole project which is football and I explained why I chose this football as a subject to photograph. After that was done I explained what sort of style the project is going to be, saying it was going to be a series of photographs. I also included how long it was going to take to do the project and what other photographers work you can compare it to.
It may seem a bit obvious but I also had to include the genre of the project which is sport. Then came selling piont of the proposal and that was to explain the purpose of the project and what message I was trying to get across. I took me a while to think of a purpose but i got there in the end up.
After explaining the purpose of the project I then went onto to talk about who the target audience is of the series of photographs. Explaining that it was football fans of all ages to enjoy and talk about.
The last part of the proposal was to talk about the research that you had done on chosen artists or photographers. The photographer that I had researched about were Stuart Clarke who is football photographer and Levon Biss who is a sports photographer. In the proposal I explained what work these photographers had done and how it links to the work that I am going to do.
The last thing to do in the proposal was write down a few contact details.
And again event though the prposal isn't been looked at by business people its still good practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment