Tuesday 25 May 2010

Interaction- preparing presentation for our final 4 ideas

At the end our investigative report essays we had to choose 1 of our interaction reports to do some more research on. After we had done the investigative report essay we had to put the 4 ideas into one presentation and present it to the class and the course tutor. We each went away and did a small presentation on the idea we picked and after we had done we would send it to one of the members of our group and from there we could merge all the presentations together.

From my investigative reports I chose the physically disabled community but more specifically the Whetley Hill Resource Centre as my idea for the presentation. I first decided to think about what information I was going to put into the presentation and I came up with about 7 slides for my idea. In the slides I included what the centre offers and what facilities the centre has such as, IT suites, rehabilitation kitchens, exercise rooms, etc. I also included a slide on why I chose that community group for the interaction project and also another slide on the location of Whetley Hill Resource Centre and also contact details as well.

After we had created our small presentations we had to another two slide presentation each on our video productions ideas. Basically how we would film our idea. We had to include two tv shows our any clip to our idea and explain what similarities there will be between your work and the tv show or clip you have chosen. For my production ideas I compared mine to 'Top Gear' and also the show 'Traffic cops'. I wanted to compare mine to 'Top Gear' because in their shows when they test a car there is a entertaining narration over the top of it and that is what I want to do for mine have a narration in an entertaining style not in a documentary style. I also wanted to compare mine to the show 'Traffic Cops' because in the show they follow around a police force and see what they do on a day to day basis and for my idea I would follow around people at the centre and see what they do on a day to day basis.

To make sure I knew exactly what I was going to say when pitching the presentation I decided to create cue cards so if I got lost then I could just refer to the cue cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment