Thursday 27 May 2010

Interaction- pitching presentation redo

The first time we pitched our 4 ideas in didn't go to plan as some improvements needed to be made. I kept reading from my notes and I didn't look at the audience which is what I should of done. Also my body language wasn't good either because as the other members of my group were talking I was leaning against the wall and looking like I wasn't bothered. We were lucky because since we did our presentation first it meant we could re do it again so this time round I memorised what I was going to say so I could look at the audience.

Our second go at pitching our ideas actually went alot better as I didn't look at my notes as much and the only time I did was when I got slightly lost but it was fine. Also I made sure I looked at the audience and not mostly at my notes and I also used hand gestures as well which made it seem more professional. I also made sure that I didn't lean against the wall again and while the others were talking I just stood up straight with my hands behind my back.

I have had the same sort of problems in the past when pitching presentations. The first time I pitched a presentation I had a problem with looking at the audience and it was a problem in the interaction presentation as well. I think in the future I need to be a bit more confident when pitching presentations, especially if I am applying for a job and they want me to pitch a presentation. Also I believe I need to memorise what I am going to say before pitching the presentation and my body language need to seem more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment